An Interview with John Ralston

John Ralston, a student at Friends University, is an interviewee for the English Club's social media campaign #peopleoffriends. Thank you, John!

Describe yourself in 100 words or fewer.

As the ultimate introvert, I play piano, sing a little, and engage in the occasional writing of poetry. Nevertheless, I consider myself a man's man, always striving to be trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent. Oh, did I mention I'm an Eagle Scout?

What do you like the most about Friends University?

The people and the friendships I have made, not to mention the Christian focus of the university, compete for the top spot on my "Most Liked List," but I have to say that my favorite thing about this place has to be the squirrels.

What brought you to Friends University?

Money. Well, scholarships precisely, combined with the promise of a Christian community, brought me to Friends University. So yes, I can be bought. (I accept cash, check, or pizza as forms of payment.)

What is your greatest contribution to Friends University?

I'd like to say my charming smile and personality, but to do so would not be entirely truthful. However, I hope that my leadership in class, in choir, and during my leisure hours is a positive factor in the lives of those I encounter.

How do you give back to the Wichita community, the campus community, and/or the world?

I shop at Goodwill once in a while. Does that count? Really though, I love this community and have invested a lot of time and energy into its people, its events, and its squirrels. I musically invest in chapel and Vespers, perform leadership roles in student and group government, and in my role as a tutor.

What is one thing you want to tell the people of Friends University, Wichita, and/or the world?

In the immortalized words of Chris Rice, "Take the chance; put it all on the line." Living to the max doesn't mean doing everything, but taking chances with those things that really matter.

Comments

Popular Posts