An Interview with Sierra Ardanche

Sierra Ardanche is a student at Friends University, and she was interviewed for the English Club's social media campaign #peopleoffriends. Thank you, Sierra!

How would you describe yourself?

I am an aspiring teacher, writer, reader, singer, food-enthusiast, and a professional nap-taker.

What brought you to Friends University?

As an introvert, I loved the idea of going to a small school where I wouldn’t just be a number in a classroom. I loved the beautiful campus and, of course, the Singing Quakers and the beautiful music that they make. I loved this school from my first visit.

What do you like the most about Friends University?

"I love the rich community that Friends has to offer its students. From the teaching faculty to the staff and the students, there is a never-ending community of support, love, and guidance. I’m so thankful to be a part of a school that brings people so close together!"

What is your greatest contribution to Friends?

Helping out with Sale Vale and the English Club during the last two years have been my largest contributions. Sale Vale allows me to be a part of a campus tradition that is so much bigger than myself. I love encouraging fellowship on Saturday mornings and meeting new people! Being a part of the English Club has been such a fun thing in my life too! We are such a close community of students who love what we do. I love seeing the talent and drive that my peers have, and I love helping them in any way that I can!

How do you give back to the campus community?

Serving others is something I really enjoy doing. I love giving a helping hand whenever I can, which is one of the reasons why I was so excited to be a part of the Sale Vale team. To give back to the campus community, I help serve pancakes to the students of Friends on Saturday mornings at least twice a month. I know that college can be one of the loneliest places to be, especially when you’re a new transfer student or a freshman, so I love encouraging everyone to be a part of our community for breakfast on Saturday mornings. It’s just a relaxing place to sit and talk to people you maybe haven’t spoken to before. If I can encourage people to make friends and eat as many pancakes as possible, then I think I’m doing my job right.

What is one thing you want to tell the people of Friends University, Wichita, and/or the world?

Love one another. It’s kind of a crazy world out there right now, so if we could all just listen and love each other through everything we’re going through, then I think the world would be a less crazy place.

Comments

Popular Posts