An Interview with Andrew Hawkins

Andrew Hawkins is a high school guest student at Friends University, and he is an interviewee for the English Club's social media campaign #PeopleOfFriends. Thank you, Andrew!



How would you describe yourself?

I am eighteen years old. I am a high school guest student at Friends University. I am currently taking Calculus I and Writing I. I have an outgoing personality. I also love to read the news, any news—whether Fox News or the Heritage Foundation. I used to debate with the National Christian Forensics and Communications Association. I helped in AWANA for 3 to 4 years at my local church. I love working with kids, any age of kids. I am also an avid fan of swimming.


What made you decide to take dual credit classes at Friends?

Several things brought me to Friends University. The Christian atmosphere at Friends really encouraged me to go since I can express my Christian beliefs there. The almost tamed squirrels brought me to Friends because they are so cute. The affordability was also a factor.

Have you been pleased with what you have seen so far?

Yes, I like the Christian atmosphere of the campus and the affordability.

You have only been at Friends for a little over two months now. Have you been able to contribute to the campus community yet?

Yes, I have enjoyed working with other students on their writing and math assignments.

(Editorial comment: He is also helping his sister with her class project by completing this interview.)

What is one thing you want to tell the people of Friends University, Wichita, and/or the world?

Christians should step up to the plate to lead in their field of expertise and do the impossible.

Comments

Popular Posts