An Interview with Emily Chancellor

Emily Chancellor, a Friends University student, is an interviewee for the English Club's social media campaign #PeopleOfFriends. Thank you, Emily!



Describe yourself in a few words.
"My name is Emily Chancellor and this is my fourth year at Friends University studying Music Education with an emphasis in voice. This is also my fourth year of being in Singing Quakers, however, this year I am the Vice President and Alto 1 section leader. I'm originally from Mulvane, Kansas but now live on campus with my cat, Sasha."

What do you like the most about Friends University?
"I love the community at Friends University. The amount of love and support that you receive from the faculty and students is unbelievable."

What brought you to Friends University?
"The music education program and the Singing Quakers are what really drew me to Friends."

What is your greatest contribution to Friends University?
"I think my greatest contribution to Friends University are the friends that I've made here and those friendships that will continue to grow here at Friends University."

How do you give back to the Wichita community, the campus community, and/or the world?
"I like to think that I and the other Singing Quakers give back to the community and campus through our music. In my opinion, our concerts can be a very spiritual and unifying experience."

What is one thing you want to tell the people of Friends University, Wichita, and/or the world?
"One thing I'd like to tell people about Friends University is that it is truly a welcoming and loving environment. I have found my second home on this campus and I'm truly grateful for all of the people I've met and all of the opportunities I've been given as a student."

Comments

Popular Posts